Leapfrog software utilises Gemalto Sentinel HASP dongles for hardware software protection & licensing.
When the dongle is plugged in and working correctly and the Sentinel LDK License Manager service is running, the dongle should light up and you will be able to access the Sentinel Admin Control Center in your web browser by visiting http://localhost:1947/
Occasionally issues arise between Leapfrog and the dongles. Many of these issues can be solved by reinstalling the dongle drivers. The Sentinel HASP LDK is automatically installed during the installation for dongle licenced Leapfrog products. Should you ever need to install the driver again, the installer can be found within the install directory. E.g. - C:\Program Files\ARANZ Geo\Leapfrog Geo 4.2\HASPUserSetup.exe
Unfortunately, sometimes the HASPUserSetup.exe can fail to install or uninstall drivers. If this happens you may see errors such as “Failed to load library” or “Installation ended prematurely because of an error”.
When the Sentinel HASP LDK driver fails to install correctly we can use the Sentinel Command Line installer to forcibly remove any existing damaged drivers and install new working drivers.
Before following the below steps, please close all Leapfrog software and remove all dongles.
To make this process as easy as possible we have uploaded the latest drivers with Windows batch scripts to run;
- Download a Zip file containing the Sentinel HASP command Line Run-time installer (Version 7.63) and batch files from here: https://leapfrog3d.sharefile.com/d-s84c31e8280543018
- Extract the .zip archive
- To uninstall existing drivers please run UNINSTALL HASP.bat and wait for the process to complete. Note: This can take up to 15 minutes
- Install the HASP driver by running INSTALL HASP.bat. Note: This process can also take some time to complete
- Plug in the dongle and confirm that the new drivers have been successfully installed by starting Leapfrog
- If you are still experiencing issues, please contact your local Leapfrog support representative. If possible, include a copy of the technical details from here: http://localhost:1947/_int_/diagnostics.html